The current Fiat 500, a two-door sedan with a four-passenger capacity, has been manufactured since 2007. The original model was produced from 1957 to 1975, and the styling of the modern version recalls that classic form. This powerful, stylish city car model has been the winner of several awards over the course of its nine years in production.
Most recently, the Fiat 500 was awarded Most Dependable in its class by JD Power in the 2016 US Vehicle Dependability Study. In 2015, the model was ranked Best in Class in the JD Power APEAL Awards. This award is based on 77 attributes, and the Fiat 500 was the only one to outperform the average, making this the second time the model has attained this award since 2012. Also in 2015, the 500 took the number one spot for Total Quality in Strategic Vision’s Awards.
Fiat 500 Warranty Coverage in Detail
The Fiat 500 basic warranty available at no additional cost to the buyer:
- 4-year, 50,000-mile limited warranty
- This basic coverage also includes battery jump assistance, flat tire servicing, lockout service, fuel delivery up to 2 gallons in an emergency involving an out-of-gas auto, and towing assistance.
- 5-year, 100,000-mile anti-corrosion perforation
- This covers the outer panels of the vehicle, giving you the added protection that would help you retain the value of your Fiat 500.
- 4-year towing service
- Although basic, this additional service makes for an incredibly generous first-level warranty package.
Two additional levels of warranty are available for extra cost.
The Added Care Plus plan provides coverage for repairs on more than 800 components including air conditioning, driveline, engine, steering, and transmission. This also includes the Powertrain Care Plus plan, which extends the coverage to 6 years and 85,000 miles, or 7 years and 100,000 miles.
You may also opt for the Maximum Care plan, which covers an additional 400 components including brakes, suspension, power group, luxury group, brakes, and engine cooling and fuel systems. This highest warranty level also extends Powertrain Care Plus to more than 800 major components and electrical systems, with coverage options going up to a lifetime.
Whichever plan the buyer chooses, the Fiat 500 clearly offers superior warranty options. For more information on the Fiat 500 and other vehicles from Fiat, subscribe to The Auto Gallery’s newsletter.